We have had a very busy summer here at Harbour Volleyball, and now that Term 1 is here we have a lot more on offer for our awesome volleyball community! Have a look below for What’s On.
Volleyball Life at Red
We are continuing to run as many progammes and leagues as we can under the Red Light Covid Protection Framework. This means that we will be following the basic rules and protocols as set out by the government to keep our community safe. These include:
- All participants must show a valid vaccine pass to participate in any of our programmes and leagues.
- Scan or sign in to the venue using the QR Code and Covid Tracer App.
- Masks must be worn when not playing volleyball (subject to change as updates come out).
- Maintain social distancing wherever possible.
- Avoid common surfaces and use the provided hand sanitizer between playing.
- If you are feeling unwell, stay home and get tested.
- If you are close contact, or have been to a place of interest, follow the protocols as set out by the Ministry of Health.
This is a moving beast and we are doing the best we can to move along with it while providing our community with volleyball opportunities and all the great benefits that come along with them.
We have a lot on starting next week so have a look below for all of our upcoming programmes and leagues. Click the programme or league to take you to the registration pages with more information. All beach volleyball programmes are played at our Harbour Beach Volleyball Centre in Mairangi Bay.
- Monday College Beach Volleyball League – 2 v 2 league for athletes in years 9-13. Starts on Monday the 14th of February.
- Tuesday & Thursday Beach Volleyball Development Programme (VDP) – Individualized coaching by our GDM and VDO, teaching beginner & advanced techniques and systems for beach volleyball. VDP starts on Tuesday the 8th of February.
- Tuesday Twilight Social Beach Volleyball League – 4 v 4 league with the canteen open selling beer, wine and non-alcohol drink. Good vibes had by all. 8 weeks left to play in the league.
- Wednesday Indoor Social League – 6 v 6 league at Albany Junior HS, all ages and levels welcome. The league starts on Wednesday the 23rd of Feb.
- Wednesday Intermediate Beach Volleyball League – Very fun for intermediate aged athletes! 20 minutes of coaching followed by an hour of 4 v 4 games, played on lower nets on smaller courts with a lighter ball, this is a great programme for our young aspiring volleyballers.
Coach & Referee Development Courses
We are running a Level 1 Coaching Course and a Local Referee Course this month. Both of these courses are aimed at entry level/beginners and coincide with the start of the Indoor Secondary School Season.
The Level 1 Coaching Course is set for 27 February at Rangitoto College from 1pm to 4pm. Registration to come shortly. This course will cover:
- Intro to coaching – communication, planning and safety
- Basic skills – technical aspects of float serving, passing and setting
- Positions, rotations and systems (offensive & defensive)
- Planning a volleyball training – how to properly plan a training with a white board using warm-ups, technical skills, team drills and more.
The Local Referee course is set for 13 February at the Harbour Beach Volleyball Centre from 1pm to 3pm. Show up and pay on the day, $10 per person. Schools can receive an invoice upon request.
Harbour Beach Volleyball Centre Membership
Our new Hello Club membership system is going great, with our members able to easily view court availability and make bookings online in seconds. If you are interested in becoming a member and thus having access to our 6 beach volleyball courts whenever they are free, click this link to register!
For any questions about any of our upcoming programmes please contact our GDM Rob @ email@example.com or on 027 786 5539