Beach Volleyball Auckland (BVA) is a joint initiative between Auckland Central Volleyball Club (ACVC) and Harbour Volleyball to improve promotion of beach volleyball events across greater Auckland and maximise opportunities for beach volleyball athletes to achieve their goals.
Tournaments run at both Mission Bay and the Harbour Beach Volleyball Centre with three divisions as follows:
- 1 Star – designed for athletes seeking to grow their skills in a competitive but social environment
- 2 Star – designed for athletes who are beach volleyball experts in a competitive environment
- 3 Star – designed for elite athletes playing volleyball at the highest level in New Zealand
There are also a range of other tournament formats scheduled through the summer season including:
- King and Queen of the Beach – individual round robin tournaments with a ‘draw’ format
- Draw – sign up individually and be paired with a random athlete
- Mixed doubles
- Mixed four (must include at least one female athlete on the court at all times)
Beach Volleyball Auckland points are awarded for all BVA events as follows:
- 1st place – 10 points
- 2nd place – 7 points
- 3rd and 4th place – 5 points
- 5th and below – 2 points
The top 8 teams in each of the 1 and 2 star divisions will be invited to the BVA Championships at the end of the summer season.