Applications close on February 15th. You can apply on Seek here: https://www.seek.co.nz/job/51457676
Volleyball Development Officer
Harbour Volleyball has grown to become one of the more successful Volleyball Associations in New Zealand. Growth of the game in Indoor and Beach volleyball has been at the forefront, and see a large increase in participation at all levels.
Harbour Volleyball are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic Volleyball Development Officer to support the growth and development of Harbour Volleyball in line with our strategic plan and initiatives.
Working closely with the Game Development Manager, and key volunteers the Volleyball Development Officer will ensure that Harbour Volleyball develops and implements programmes that maximise the participation and development of players and coaches across all levels, with a particular focus on opportunities for tamariki, coach recruitment, education, development and support.
You will maintain and strengthen community Volleyball in the Harbour region through the provision of quality volleyball experiences, resources, club and school development initiatives, effective communication, coaching and education support, and will promote strong relationships between Harbour Volleyball and all other stakeholders.
Support the day to day operations of NHVA by supervising staff and volunteers; planning, organizing, and implementing administrative and communication systems.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assisting with community Volleyball strategies, including the implementation and advancement of junior volleyball programmes including KiwiVolley and Secondary Schools Volleyball.
- Assisting with community Volleyball growth strategies, including the implementation and advancement of events, competitions, coach recruitment, education and development initiatives
- Assisting with building and maintaining strong relationships with the Harbour Volleyball community, including ongoing development of club structures and competitions.
- Facilitating the delivery of Coach Education Programmes
- Source funding for programmes delivered aligned to Strategic Plan
- Providing support to coaches, players and clubs/schools in Harbour through coaching, education, guidance and planning.
- Event administration, promotion, marketing and sales
- Management of the development programmes and events, including KiwiVolley and Secondary Schools programmes
- Reporting of participation numbers as required by funders and partners
- Support the management of volunteers
- Support the management of the Harbour Volleyball facility
Development Officer – Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience working with groups of school children, teachers and schools
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- A positive and outgoing personality
- Ability to be proactive and work alone
- Ability to communicate well with diverse communities
- Experience coaching and developing coaches
- Ability to gain funding( prepare funding applications, sponsorship proposals)
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How many years’ experience do you have in the sports & fitness industry?
- Do you have experience in administration?